Friday 31 July 2009

Eyes in the Sky

One of the many great things about fishing is that because you are usually away from everyday goings-on, you often see things you would otherwise miss. That can be nature - kingfishers fishing and porpoises playing are two of my favourites - or out-of-the-ordinary events with a human connection. Today while I was fishing about 8 miles off-shore I was used as a marker by a very fierce looking Navy helicopter on some test or other, which was entertaining while it lasted.


Then I was buzzed by racy-looking surveillance plane piloted by someone who had obviously been brought up on Biggles, because he came round again and did a series of low passes (and I mean low!) while he had a good look. Those two events were more memorable than the pesky little tope that seemed to be queuing up for bait that day.
.
.

No comments: