Tuesday 11 November 2008

Boat Angling Web Site Survey

As if to prove a point from my previous blog - that if anglers aren't fishing they are probably thinking about fishing - the recent spate of windy weekends has resulted in a lot more activity on fishing forums and web sites, including my own http://www.boat-angling.co.uk/. Although it is not a commercial site (apart from my t-shirts and mugs!) I want to keep it useful for local anglers, and judging from the high visitor statistics I must be doing something right. Things can always be improved, so I have introduced a short survey on the home page using Polldaddy to find out what people want (great name, no wonder the young guys that set it up sold it recently for £millions).


When it has run its course I'll publish the results but already the first flurry of responses has been very interesting. For example, I never realised another local site has introduced subscription charges for those that don't send in catch reports! Rest assured, http://www.boat-angling.co.uk/ will always be free. We have also had opposing views on a forum. Although the idea of a contact exchange forum is a great idea, there are already a lot of sea angling discussion forums available and they take a lot of volunteer work to keep any troublemakers under control. A club meet maybe? Fishing buddy exchange? Summer beach bash after a fish-in? Charter boat reports? All great ideas - please keep them coming in, 2009 could have a lot more action!
.
PS Do you think that if I changed the name to Fishingdaddy I could sell it for £millions too?

No comments: