Saturday 10 November 2007

A day spent fixing

For my 50th birthday my dear wife bought me a very special present, probably one not many 50 year olds get even if they are passionate boat anglers - a sand eel trawl. Saturday was the first chance to try it out, because Mick, our local source of all knowledge, said an hour before High Water and an hour after was best. But it was not to be. Although the day way bright, the wind was howling - the forecast was for winds but this seemed a lot more than the Met Office had promised.

I met Arron down at the boat and after looking at a couple of small boats disappearing in their own spray in the harbour, we decided that trawling was out of the question. So we sheltered in the boat, munched hot sausage rolls supplied by Arron and wired up my new cockpit flood light. It beat painting walls anyway (the job that was waiting at home).

No comments: