Tuesday 20 November 2007

River Cottage Catch and Cook e-Course

I confess, I enjoy cooking. Particularly when the ingredients are fresh and free, and don't involve a lot of fuss and bother. My ideal meal would be fish I'd caught; veggies from the garden; cooked and eaten al fresco. So Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is a man I can relate to (in a heterosexual way of course). I have enjoyed his Channel 4 programs and bought the original River Cottage Cookbook, so when he announced he was combining his interest in fishing with cooking, producing a TV series and a book, I was first in the queue. I bought the book from the River Cottage web site and they threw in a free on-line "Catch and Cook" course. Although there was nothing new in the "catch" part - in fact I disagree with some of his ideas - the preparation and cooking content is excellent. I wouldn't pay the £20 list price for the course, but as it is free, and the book is discounted by a fiver too, then go for it! My next project, when the weather improves, is to build a Hugh F-W Cold Smoker....

No comments: