Monday 12 May 2008

Garmin Chart Plotter Review and other updates

As you will know from my last blog, Salar is out of action for the moment with a sick engine, so I am confined to shore fishing or prevailing on the generosity of other boat owners. On Friday I went trout fishing for the first time in probably two years, and although the weather and the location at Meon Springs were idyllic, it was all a bit too easy compared to sea fishing. Still, home smoked trout makes a nice change!


Last week I was going to post a review of the new Garmin GPSMAP 4008 Chart Plotter, which was delayed because of Salar's little adventure. I have now completed the review and it is posted on the Boat Angling web site. I won't repeat it all here, but one feature makes it stand out against the competition - it has a true video VGA screen which is much better than the previous generation of chart plotters.


I have also had time to post another couple of updates on the web site: how to make a bailer for nothing; and a downloadable chart of the general marks published on the site. No, none of the detailed, private or secret ones are there I'm afraid!

A fishing blog wouldn't be worthy of the name if I didn't mention catches: I have it on very good authority that Boulder Bank is producing more and better bream than Bullocks Patch or Brackelsham areas. However, the shoals are very localised and the difference between over 100 (true and verified!) bream and just a few fish can be just a few yards. More bream-catching tips from my friend the bream-meister next week...

1 comment:

Garmin Web said...

It might be worth bookmarking the Garmin Blog as we put up to date news and product info on there very regularly.